Variocomp by Variotherm is the latest addition to the underfloor heating line up, at only 20mm thick! This low profile water based underfloor heating system is providing solutions where previously the only option would have been to dig out the slab to accommodate the insulation, heating pipes and screed.
Using Variocomp we can simply leave the current floor as it is, install the 20mm low profile panels over the top, embed the underfloor heating pipework in to the panel and then back-fill the panels with the calcuim sulphate (aka gypsum) filling compound.
Once at this stage the final floor finish can be applied directly on top and you can choose from tiles, Karndean, Amtico, Laminate, engineered wood or carpet.
- The system is VarioComp by Variotherm, the best performing retrofit system in the UK due to the unique pipe spacing of 100mm and the Fermacell gypsum fibre material
- The boards are 18mm and all flooring types can be used over them (sometimes a few mm of levelling compound is required)
- The pipe used in the retro fit area is Variotherm’s patented PE-RT al PE-RT which has a superior heat output to other types of pipe
- Filling compound is included
- The system is far superior to all other retrofit systems, especially EPS and XPS systems – as much as 120% better performance
- The boards warm up creating thermal mass unlike EPS and XPS insulation boards which insulate the pipe
- Heat up time is comparable to traditional radiator systems